About Anesthesia CalculatorTM
This application is designed to assist the Healthcare payor and Provider in correctly determining payment for services provided. As ASA guidelines are updated, so should the information within this application to assist in proper adjudication.
When processing anesthesia claims, a claims processor (claims adjudicator) must go through a series of steps to determine how much the payor will pay an anesthesiologist. Many factors are taken into consideration. If a mistake occurs in any one of these steps, an incorrect payment will be made (usually an overpayment). Likewise, anyone expecting to receive payment can use the tool to determine how much the inusrance institutions will pay, based on rates.
A New Tool
To assist claims processors (claims adjudicators), insurance companies and even the anesthesiologist, I have created the Anesthesia CalculatorTM. Instead of the claims processor (claims adjudicator) performing manual calculations to determine payment, all s/he has to do is input key information in the Anesthesia CalculatorTM and the Anesthesia CalculatorTM will then complete these computations and give the claims processor (claims adjudicator) the final dollar amount to pay the anesthesiologist. This tool can be used for anesthesia claims for all Lines of Business (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid).
Listed below are the benefits of this new tool:
- the claims processor (claims adjudicator) inputs the time in the Anesthesia CalculatorTM as it is indicated on the claim: start and end time or total minutes
- the time needed to process the claim decreases
- the claims processors (claims adjudicators) accuracy increases
- the anesthesiologist is paid correctly
- there is a decrease in appeals
- there is an increase in Member/Provider satisfaction
For more information, please contact email@example.com